Code of Conduct
NJACK is dedicated to providing a positive and harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, ethnicity, race, religion, nationality, or level of experience. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form, nor do we tolerate any behavior that would reasonably lead to another event participant being made to feel unsafe, insecure, or frightened for their physical or emotional well-being. All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds.
Examples of encouraged behavior that contributes to a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language.
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences.
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism.
- Focusing on what is best for everyone at the event.
- Showing empathy towards other participants.
Unacceptable behavior includes:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, or inappropriate physical contact, sexual attention, or advances.
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, personal or political attacks, or sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, or harassing photography or recording.
- Harassment of any kind, even in a joking or ironic manner.
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Behave professionally. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate at this event.
Thank you for helping to make this a welcoming, friendly space for all.
If you have any concerns, please contact the organizers.